Apply for the Great Social Enterprise Pitch 2017
The Great Social Enterprise Pitch is an idea incubator and business plan competition for concepts that use a business model and revenues to have a positive social or environmental impact in Lancaster. Fill out the application for your chance at over $50k in cash and pro-bono prizes to launch your social enterprise! Preference given to ideas that develop or support thriving wage jobs for people with barriers to employment** (as defined by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act).
**Those with Barriers to Employment: displaced homemakers; Indians, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiians; individuals with disabilities including youth with disabilities; older individuals; ex-offenders; homeless individuals; youth who are in or have aged out of the foster care system; individuals who are English language learners, individuals with low levels of literacy and individuals facing cultural barriers; eligible migrant and seasonal farmworkers; individuals within two years of exhausting lifetime eligibility under TANF; single parents to include single pregnant women; and long-term unemployed individuals. Cited as: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=18&objID=1616470&mode=2
Entry and Application
- There is no entry fee for any part of the pitch
- Applicants can be individuals or teams
- Applicants can submit more than 1 entry, however only 1 entry per team will be selected for advancement to the Pitch
- Due dates, acceptance dates and class dates outlined above
- By submitting this application, you agree to attend at least 90% of the Idea Incubator sessions if you are selected as a participant.
- Enterprises can be proposed start-up or existing enterprises wishing to scale or increase social/environmental impact
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries are subject to the following funding requirements:
- By submitting a business idea, you represent and warrant that you have all right, title and/or interest in the business idea submitted and the information you present is accurate and complete.
- By submitting to the Pitch you are not and will not be violating any contract or third party rights including any patent, copyright, trade secret, proprietary or confidential information, trademark, publicity or privacy right.
Prize Payments will be distributed as follows:
- Equal shares of any prize money won will be paid to each individual on a winning team
- The individual recipients of prize money will be responsible for the tax implications of their winnings
- Teams may forfeit their individual shares of prize money in favor of granting the full amount of the prize money to a registered business entity and all members of the team have agreed in writing to forfeit their individual portions of the prize money in favor of granting the full amount of the prize money to the registered business entity.
- Entrant acknowledges that any award made to winner or a finalist is a one-time grant and ASSETS and LCCF have made no promises, representations or warranties regarding any further funding.
ASSETS and The Lancaster County Community Foundation (LCCF) make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning The Pitch, express or implied. In no event shall ASSETS, LCCF, it’s Directors, Officers, Employees, Pitch Judges and Mentors, and Affiliates be liable for any advice, information or decisions made for or on behalf of The Pitch or for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including economic damages or injury to property and lost profits, regardless of whether ASSETS shall be advised, shall have other reason to know or in fact shall know the possibility of the foregoing.